KATHARINE A. MARTIN
Corporate Law & Governance
Mergers & Acquisitions
Katharine (Katie) Martin is a partner in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's Palo Alto office, where she practices corporate and securities law. She currently serves as a member of the firm's board of directors, its governing body, and previously served as a member of the Policy Committee and as the leader of the firm's business law department.
Katie has extensive experience in representing public companies. Her practice includes all aspects of company representation, including corporate governance, SEC compliance, 1934 Act issues, public offerings, private placements, and mergers and acquisitions. She also has represented underwriters in public offerings and issuers and investors in private equity financings.
Katie joined Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in 1999, after 12 years at Pillsbury Madison & Sutro LLP, where she was a partner. She is a frequent speaker on corporate and securities law, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisition topics, presenting at such venues as PLI, Corporate Board Member, and the SEC Institute.EDUCATION:
- J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1987
Order of the Coif; Great Distinction; Staff Writer and Assistant Editor, Pacific Law Review (1986-1987); Author, "Disbrow Confronts Proposition 8: Will Miranda Violative Statements Be Admitted to Trial for Impeachment?"
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1984
- Director, Nuance Communications, Inc.
- Director, WildAid, an international nonprofit wildlife-preservation agency
- Director, WSGR Foundation, a nonprofit organization
- Former Director, The Ronald McDonald House at Stanford, a nonprofit organization
- Selected as a 2014 "Capital Markets MVP" by Law360
- Named among the San Francisco Business Times' 2014 "Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business"
- Honored by the Silicon Valley Business Journal as a 2014 "Woman of Influence"
- Recognized as a 2014 "Woman Leader in the Law" by The American Lawyer
- Recognized by the Daily Journal as one of the "Top 100 Lawyers in California" for 2011
- Named among Lawdragon's "500 Leading Lawyers in America" for 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
- Honored among Law360's "Top Female Deal Makers" for 2011
- Selected as The Am Law Daily's "Dealmaker of the Week" in May 2011
- Named in Northern California Super Lawyers in 2007-2014
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007-2014 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- Named in the 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Named to Lawdragon's "500 Leading Dealmakers" list in 2007
- Honored with a 2007 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Award for Achievement
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007 edition of The Legal 500 US
- Named by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal as a 2006 Silicon Valley Woman of Distinction Honoree
- Named to Lawdragon's "500 New Stars, New Worlds" list in 2006
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of California