CORPORATE LAW & GOVERNANCE
Our corporate law practice is unrivaled in its breadth and depth of experience representing technology, life sciences, and growth business enterprises, as well as venture capital and private equity firms and investment banks. We currently represent more than 300 public and 3,000 private companies in the U.S. and internationally. Our clients include Fortune 500 and mid-stage public and private companies in a diverse range of industries.
Faced with a rapidly changing and increasingly complex regulatory environment, boards of directors, senior management, and in-house attorneys need skilled and highly experienced legal counsel to deal effectively with a broad array of corporate governance issues. Drawing upon the collective experience of our diverse practice, the firm's cross-disciplinary, integrated approach ensures deep expertise in all fields pertaining to corporate governance, including securities, compensation, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, patents, technology transactions, tax, and litigation related to all of these areas.
We regularly advise clients on such matters as:
- Board composition, procedures, and election contests
- Committee compensation and procedures
- Best practices for boards, committees, and officers
- Special Committee formation and execution
- Crisis management
- State and federal securities laws (including complex disclosure requirements) and stock exchange requirements
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank compliance
- Restatements, internal control, and other accounting-related matters
- Shareholder and market communications
- Shareholder proposals and activism
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Privacy and data security
- Public equity transactions
- Debt finance
- Employee benefits and compensation
- Technology transactions
- Employment law
In addition, we have successfully litigated many leading corporate governance cases, including numerous cases in Delaware as well as California and across the country.
Our team includes many former senior officials at major regulatory and judiciary bodies in the areas of governance, compliance, and corporate best practices, including the former Chancellor of the Delaware Court of Chancery. In addition, our attorneys are regularly called upon to help shape new laws and regulations, serving as advisors to the Securities and Exchange Commission, the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, Congress, and other key regulatory institutions.