BRIAN K. BEARD
Corporate Law & Governance
Energy Innovation & Clean Technology
Mergers & Acquisitions
Brian Beard is a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Austin. Brian joined the firm from the Austin office of Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villeneuve Franklin & Hachigian, LLP, which he co-founded in 1997.
Brian practices corporate and securities law with a focus on representation of start-up and emerging growth companies, representation of issuers and underwriters involved in public offerings, and representation of companies involved in merger and acquisition transactions. Brian helped build one of the leading technology practices in Texas, assisting emerging growth companies raise billions of dollars in private and public offerings. He also has handled several billion dollars in mergers and acquisitions transactions and has represented leading venture capital firms in Texas and throughout the country.SELECT CLIENTS:
- Austin Ventures
- Chaotic Moon, LLC
- Coherent Logix
- Convey Computer Corp.
- ePak International
- FeelRich, Inc.
- Image Microsystems Inc.
- InView Technology
- LiquidFrameworks, Inc.
- MapMyFitness, Inc.
- Mass Relevance
- Silverback Acquisition Corporation
- Silvercar, Inc.
- Simplifi Holdings, Inc.
- Snap Trends, Inc.
- Texas Tribune
- Toopher, LLC
- TrackingPoint Inc.
- Virtual Bridges
- Ziften Technologies
- J.D., University of Iowa, 1990
- B.A., Economics, University of Illinois, 1987
- Selected for inclusion in the 2010-2014 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized in Texas Super Lawyers in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- Named to "Lawdragon 500 Leading Dealmakers" list in 2007
- Named to "Lawdragon 500 New Stars, New Worlds" list in 2006
- Listed in the 2006-2013 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Speaker, Yale University Start-Up Boot Camp 2009, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, November 3, 2009
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas