DREW G. MARKHAM
Corporate Law & Governance
Mergers & Acquisitions
Drew Markham is an attorney in the Seattle office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Her practice in the technology industry primarily involves the representation of public companies, including corporate governance, SEC compliance, 1934 Act reporting, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, and internal investigations. In addition, Drew was instrumental in the creation and enactment of the Social Purpose Corporation statute in Washington State, which she helped to create through her work with the Washington State Bar's Corporate Act Revision Committee.
Prior to earning her law degree, Drew practiced as a CPA in San Francisco, spending several years at Ernst & Young, working as director of finance for Monterey Pasta Company, and consulting for Levi Strauss & Co. on SEC matters.EDUCATION:
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1998
- B.S., Accounting, University of Florida, 1989
- Named a Washington "Rising Star" by Washington Law & Politics magazine, 2007-2008
- Drew has been an active executive committee member on the boards of directors of nonprofit organizations, including Climate Solutions and the Women's Funding Alliance. Drew has also advised numerous nonprofit organizations on a pro bono basis in corporate governance matters, organizational issues, and general employment matters.
- Ad-Hoc Member, Corporate Act Revision Committee, WSBA, 2010-2011 (in connection with RCW 23B.20)
- Drew has authored articles and presented to a variety of audiences on subjects related to corporate governance, social enterprise, and SEC matters.
- Certified Public Accountant
- State Bar of Washington