Real Estate & Environmental
Brad O'Brien plays a leadership role in the real estate and environmental practice at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Brad's practice focuses on real estate transactions, representing developers, lenders, and corporate users of commercial and industrial facilities. His areas of particular expertise include real estate finance, joint venture development, ground lease practice, facility acquisition and disposition, and complex leasing transactions. Brad assists the firm's corporate clients in acquiring, developing, and financing projects to satisfy large facilities requirements, including corporate campus development. Brad has experience in such varied transactions as the sale of a major ski resort, the development of hotel/casino, riverboat, dockside gaming operations in several states, the sale of a major theme park, and the purchase of large coastal land holdings for open space protection.
In addition to his client work, Brad also has been responsible for the business and legal aspects of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati's facilities requirements, including site selection, deal structure, and negotiation of leases for more than 20 office facilities.
Brad has practiced in Silicon Valley since 1976, joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in 1981. He regularly teaches courses in commercial leasing and recent developments in real estate practice for the California Continuing Education of the Bar. He also is active in community affairs, providing pro bono representation to a variety of community organizations, including Peninsula Open Space Trust, Eastside College Preparatory School, and Ronald McDonald House.SELECT TRANSACTIONS:
- Significant campus transactions include those developed by or for:
- J.D. Edwards
- TIBCO Software
- Acquisition of 500,000 square foot biotech facility for Genentech
- Representation of developer in financing a portfolio of 20 industrial buildings
- J.D., UCLA School of Law, 1974
- A.B., Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, 1971
Magna Cum Laude
- Member, Board of Directors, Peninsula Open Space Trust
- Member, Board of Directors, Eastside College Preparatory School
- Named in the 2005-2012 editions of Northern California Super Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in 2006-2013 editions of Best Lawyers in America
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of California